Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Andy Stern representing woman trapped in building collapse
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Airplane Accident Lawyers
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
Hundreds of people die each year in the United States in airplane crashes and thousands perish worldwide, with most of the mishaps caused by human error.
A study of nearly 2,000 major airline crashes over more than five decades found that 60 percent were caused by pilot or other human errors, such as improper loading or maintenance. Another 21 percent were attributable to mechanical failure. (Weather was blamed for most of the remaining accidents.)
And major commercial crashes are rare compared to those involving smaller planes. A study several years ago showed private U.S. flights were 82 times more likely more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than major airlines.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an airplane accident, you might want to contact an aviation attorney. Kline & Specter, P.C., has several airplane accident lawyers who possess not only expertise in a courtroom but also hold pilots licenses and are experienced pilots themselves.
Andy Stern, for one, is a licensed pilot since 1993 and currently is litigating a plane crash case in state court in Trenton, N.J., involving a South Carolina crash that claimed the lives of six New Jersey residents, including a well-known orthodontist whose practice was in Bucks County, Pa.
In a highly publicized case, Stern represented the estates of two pilots killed in the April 1991 mid-air crash that resulted in the deaths of U.S. Sen. John Heinz and several others. Stern won a substantial monetary settlement in the case against the Sun Company, whose helicopter crew was blamed for the mishap.
Whether an airplane accident involves a major commercial carrier or a smaller private plane or jet, such mishaps are no less open to civil litigation than an accident involving a car or truck. Airplane lawsuits are often filed by people hurt in accidents or by the families of those who died.
Kline & Specter, P.C., based in Philadelphia and with offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York, has some 30 attorneys, several of whom are also doctors. The law firm is experienced in accident litigation and has received incredible results in a litany of cases.
- Andy Stern comments on unsafe planes, Fox 29 2/2/10
- Andy Stern on the Buffalo crash pilot recordings, Good Day Philadelphia 5/13/09
- Andy Stern interviewed about Buffalo plane crash, Fox 29 5/12/09
- Andy Stern comments on Buffalo plane crash probe, Good Day Philadelphia 2/16/09
- Andy Stern interviewed on fatal Buffalo plane crash, Fox 29 2/13/09
- Andy Stern analyzes pilot action in NYC jet crash, Good Day Philadelphia 2/6/09
- Andy Stern interviewed on Hudson River plane crash, Fox 29 2/5/09
- Andy Stern comments on Hudson River Plane crash, Fox 29 1/16/09
Andy Stern interviewed on NYC plane mishap, Fox 29 1/15/09
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.