Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome - ARDS Attorney
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
Patients with ARDS, which is also known as Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, experience severe shortness of breath or breathing failure, often requiring mechanical ventilation, or life support. About one-third of all cases are fatal.
ARDS is caused by accidents or external forces – a traumatic blow to the chest, breathing harmful smoke or fumes, and severe pneumonia. But its known causes also include a number of problems that can result from doctor or hospital error, things such as sharp blood loss, infections, a patient aspirating vomit, or adverse reactions to blood transfusions or heart bypass surgery. Drug overdose and negative drug interactions can also cause ARDS.
If you had a loved one who died from ARDS, you may want to contact an ARDS attorney for a free evaluation of your case.
Kline & Specter, P.C., handled one ARDS case in which a 19-year-old learning disabled woman was administered drugs believed to have caused her to develop the lung syndrome. A substantial settlement was negotiated in the case in Franklin County, Pa. (See the Diehl Case.)
In perhaps the most well-known case involving ARDS, legendary sports writer and broadcaster Dick Schaap entered a New York City hospital for routine hip replacement surgery but contracted an infection that led to ARDS. He died three months later at the age of 67. His family filed a lawsuit and a jury in July 2005 awarded $1.95 million in the case.
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome is often fatal. In the past, more than half the people who developed ARDS died. Today about one-third of all ARDS cases are fatal.
Kline & Specter, with some 30 experienced attorneys, several of whom are also highly skilled doctors, has the expertise to litigate cases involving Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. For more information, read about the law firm’s Medical Malpractice cases and Major Victories.
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.