Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Click Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Specter files suit in fatal fire escape collapse (click here)
- PA Supreme Court to hear Tom Kline appeal on liability cap law (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on abduction case anniversary
- Kline, Safier, Clarke win $42.9M med-mal verdict -- one of PA's largest (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter interviewed on house explosion lawsuit (click here)
- Kline, Guerrini, Williams win $11.6M premises liability settlement (click here)
- Study: Kline & Specter tops in major PA verdicts, settlements (click here)
- Kline & Specter had largest award vs. VA in 10 years (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Kline & Specter settles first Penn State sexual abuse case (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Andy Stern comments on building collapse video (click here)
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Laser Spine Surgery Attorneys
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
Laser spine surgery promises patients relief from back ailments using a relatively quick and minimally invasive procedure. But the recently popular technique has also produced complaints and injuries – and a flurry of lawsuits.
An expose by Bloomberg News that examined Laser Spine Institute LLC, which bills itself as “the largest spine center in the world,” found nearly seven times the number of lawsuits were filed against the burgeoning business compared to outpatient surgery nationally.
Several cases were cited, including one woman who was left with a dangerous spinal fluid leak and another patient who suffered internal bleeding from two lacerated arteries.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injury as the result of laser spine surgery, you should contact a laser spine surgery lawyer for a free evaluation of your case.
Bloomberg News in a May 2011 article noted 15 lawsuits had been filed against Laser Spine Institute since October 2009 and that it had paid at least $2.8 million to settle cases with seven patients since July of that year. Laser Spine Institute has surgical centers in Philadelphia, Tampa, Oklahoma City and Scottsdale, Arizona.
Laser spine surgery is costly at about $30,000 per procedure – double what health insurers will pay for laser-less surgery – and is often unnecessary or inappropriate for many patients who get it, the Bloomberg article said. It said Laser Spine Institute, which is six years old, had sales of $109 million in 2010 and net income of $98.9 million the previous four years.
Kline & Specter, P.C. is a nationally recognized personal injury law firm with some 30 attorneys, several of whom are also experienced physicians. The firm works on a contingent fee basis – which means we only get paid if and when you are financially compensated. Kline & Specter is paid a percentage of the amount recovered. Any costs incurred by Kline & Specter will only be charged if the client is financially compensated.