Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Andy Stern representing woman trapped in building collapse
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Best Law Firm 2011-2012
Kline & Specter, P.C. was selected as the nation’s No. 1 law firm for Product Liability, plaintiff representation, for 2011-2012, and among the Best Law Firms in the United States for Medical Malpractice, Mass Tort and Product Laibility for 2013 by the peer-review rating service Best Lawyers. The award was announced in U.S. News & World Report magazine.
In announcing Kline & Specter’s best-in-the-nation Product Liability selection, Best Lawyers noted: “Only one law firm in each of the nationally ranked legal practice areas is receiving this recognition, making this award a particularly significant achievement.”
It noted the award was based, among other things, on “high performance on surveys of clients about your firm’s work in the practice area (and) the high regard that lawyers in other firms in the same practice area have for your firm.”
Previously, Kline & Specter was named in the “Tier 1” group – the top classification – for Mass Tort litigation and Product Liability. Only 22 law firms across the nation were chosen as Tier 1 firms in the Mass Tort classification and only 35 were selected in the top group for Product Liability litigation. The firms Mass Tort Department remained in the Tier 1 classification for 2011-2012. Additionally, Kline & Specter was designated a Tier 1 law firm for personal injury and medical malpractice litigation for the Philadelphia metropolitan region.
The firm has produced a litany of legal victories in product liability cases, including a $153 million verdict in the highly publicized White v. Ford case and a large settlement in litigation involving a defective BB gun. (See Mahoney Case)
Kline & Specter’s Mass Tort department, which handles pharmaceutical and other litigation, was a leader in the $4.85 billion Vioxx settlement and is spearheading litigation against the makers of Poligrip, Fixodent and other denture creams that contained zinc and may have caused widespread nerve damage among users of the products.
In addition, Tom Kline was named in 2009 as Philadelphia Personal Injury Litigator of the Year by Best Lawyers. (Read more) And the service also rated Kline, Shanin Specter, Andy Stern and Lee Balefsky among its Best Lawyers in America, with Kline and Specter each receiving the honor for the 10th year.