Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Andy Stern representing woman trapped in building collapse
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Inner Circle of Advocates
Tom Kline is a member and immediate past president of the Inner Circle of Advocates and Shanin Specter was selected as a member in 2010 of the organization described by The Washington Post as "a select group of 100 of the nation's most celebrated trial lawyers."
The Inner Circle of Advocates is limited to 100 members considered among the best plaintiffs attorneys in the United States and also to be “lawyers of excellent character and integrity."
To gain membership a lawyer must have completed at least 50 personal injury cases and won at least three verdicts of $1 million or more or one verdict exceeding $10 million. Most of its members have won a multitude of large verdicts for their clients in a variety of practice areas.
Tom Kline has won a long list of multi-million dollar verdicts, including his $51 million verdict in the Hall v. SEPTA premises liability case and the medical-malpractice Welteroth Case, which produced a $33.1 million jury award. He has also won a number of eight-figure settlements, including those in highly publicized cases. (See Major Victories.)
The Inner Circle of Advocates was formed in 1972 by a Tucson attorney, Richard Grand. "My goal," Grand said, "was an organization of highly experienced plaintiffs attorneys who were willing to share information about experts, techniques and whatever it took to be a great trial lawyer. I think this goal has been consistently achieved since the organization was created.”
The organization was started on June 26, 1972 in San Francisco with 11 lawyers. Current members, limited to 100, are still selected on an invitation-only basis.
The Inner Circle of Advocates states that "its members believe that by achieving justice for their clients, they also achieve changes for the good of society as a whole."
It goes on to note: “Many times people who have been injured and families who have lost loved ones find themselves facing big corporations or big insurance companies with unlimited resources to deny just compensation to those they harmed. Through the work and skill of our members, cover-ups can be exposed and those at fault held accountable. By punishing the guilty for their wrongs, we make America a safer place.”