Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Toyota Recall Lawsuits
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
Toyota recalled millions of cars and temporarily halted sales and production because of sticking gas pedals that caused sudden accelerations and resulted in hundreds of accidents and a number of injuries and deaths.
At least 34 deaths and many more injuries have been reported because of unintended acceleration of Toyota vehicles, with many lawsuits filed against the automaker. Kline & Specter, P.C., currently is handling Totyota injury cases.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injury or death in an accident involving sudden acceleration of a Toyota or Lexus vehicle, you should contact a Toyota accident attorney immediately.
Toyota’s recall for accelerator problems involved various models, including: 2007-10 Camry, 2009-10 RAV4, 2009-10 Corolla, 2009-10 Matrix, 2005-10 Avalon, 2010 Highlander, 2007-10 Tundra, 2008-10 Sequoia. An earlier recall also involved Lexus models. Also, more than 1,000 complaints have been filed concerning a braking problem in Toyota Prius models.
Toyota issued more than 13 million recalls since September 2009 for a number of product problems. One recall followed complaints to federal regulators and reports of a dozen deaths, prompting the Japanese automaker to recall 2.3 million autos because of problems with accelerator pedals getting stuck in the down position.
Toyota recalled 4.2 million Toyota and Lexus models after it said floor mats were causing gas pedals to get stuck. The Los Angeles Times reported that Toyota-made cars and trucks had claimed 19 lives since the 2002 model year, more than all other manufacturers combined. But even more reports of falatities have surfaced since that time.
Kline & Specter, with some 30 attorneys, is one of the nation’s top law firms in litigating product liability cases, particularly those involving automobiles. The firm has won large verdicts and settlements in automobile injury cases involving defective vehicles, including a $153 million verdict against the Ford Motor Co. (See Major Victories)
Contact a Toyota accident lawyer today.
Motorists experiencing accelerator pedal sticking were advised to take the following steps: If the accelerator pedal sticks in a partially open throttle position or returns slowly to idle position, the vehicle can be controlled with firm and steady application of the brakes. Don't pump the brakes because it could deplete the vacuum assist. That would make it even harder to depress the brake pedal. The brakes will stop the vehicle no matter the throttle position. When under control, the vehicle should be driven to the nearest safe location and the engine should be turned off. Contact a Toyota dealer as soon as possible for assistance.
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.
- Tom Kline comments on Toyota lawsuits, The Legal Intelligencer 021810
- A newspaper’s review of Toyota Motor Corp. found a history of stalled recalls and hidden safety problems. The automaker's handling of safety issues has come under scrutiny recently due to sudden acceleration allegations in Toyota and Lexus vehicles, which were involved in auto accidents causing 19 fatalities, more than all other automakers combined. After Toyota announced its biggest-ever recall last fall to address the problem, it insisted publicly that no defect existed, drawing a rare public rebuke from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (Full story).
- Toyota recalls 2.3 million vehicles to fix accelerator pedals that could stick in the down position. More than 100 complaints filed so far in the United States and at least a dozen deaths.