Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Click Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- 15 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline files suit deadly NJ gas explosion - see coverage (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline files suit in death of radio host E. Steven Collins (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Specter files suit in fatal fire escape collapse (click here)
- PA Supreme Court to hear Tom Kline appeal on liability cap law (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on abduction case anniversary
- Kline, Safier, Clarke win $42.9M med-mal verdict -- one of PA's largest (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter interviewed on house explosion lawsuit (click here)
- Kline, Guerrini, Williams win $11.6M premises liability settlement (click here)
- Study: Kline & Specter tops in major PA verdicts, settlements (click here)
- Kline & Specter had largest award vs. VA in 10 years (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Kline & Specter settles first Penn State sexual abuse case (click here)
- On TV ⇒ Andy Stern comments on building collapse video (click here)
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Philadelphia - Construction Injury Attorneys - Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - New York -Philadelphia - Nationwide
Construction sites are notorious for mishaps and serious worker injuries. Each year, more workers are hurt and killed doing construction work than employees in any other major industrial sector.
More than 1,000 construction workers die each year in the United States, according to government statistics. The most common causes are accidents involving falling objects or workers falling from elevated areas. Many others result from accidents with motor vehicles, including trucks, cranes and forklifts, while workplace machinery and equipment also causes a large number of injuries and deaths. Electrocution, fires, explosions and exposure to harmful substances and environments also result in serious construction injuries and deaths.
Kline & Specter, P.C., represents workers who have suffered severe construction injuries in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and nationwide. If you or someone you know suffered a severe injury or death on a construction site, you may want to contact a construction lawyer for a free evaluation of your case.
Kline & Specter, based in Philadelphia, even offers a free booklet titled Injured At Work -- A Guide To Your Rights, which provides basic information about what you should do if you suffer a construction injury as well as information about an array of available benefits if you are hurt on the job. (Call for free booklet.)
If you or someone you know was seriously hurt on the job, you may want to contact an occupational or construction injury lawyer for a free evaluation of your case.
Workplace injuries range from broken limbs to those involving more severe brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, even death. Among Kline & Specter's legal victories for working men and women are several with spectacular settlements or jury verdicts. They are:
* A lawsuit in which the firm won a $36.4 million settlement for a worker killed in an explosion at a Delaware oil refinery (see Davis/Motiva) The settlement, announced in September 2003, is considered the largest for a single-victim fatality ever reported in the United States.
* Two months later, in a case that spanned seven years and several appeals, an Allegheny County jury handed down a verdict of nearly $7.9 million for a Pittsburgh worker seriously injured in a fall from a forklift. (see Drum)
* On Jan. 21, 2004, a jury in Luzerne County handed down a $19.1 million verdict for a woman who was struck and seriously injured by a van as she worked on a roadside construction job. (see McManamon).
*In 2013, the firm won a $5 million verdict -- one of the largest for an undocumented worker -- for a man crushed to death by a collapsing excavation site. (Arana)
In November 2006, the firm won a $3 million verdict for a Philadelphia ironworker who fell down a stairwell after temporary lighting failed at a construction site. The worker sustained severe neck and shoulder injuries. (See the McCormick case.)
In an earlier case, the family of a man crushed to death in a crane accident settled a suit against the manufacturer, seller and installer of the crane's control system. The settlement, reached in November 2002, was for $4.4 million. (see Yankosky).
A workplace injury case was among one of Kline & Specter’s first victories as the firm secured settlements totaling $1.25 million in 1995 for Demetrius Atwood, a Philadelphia hotel employee injured by a malfunctioning elevator.
Click here to contact a construction injury lawyer for a free evaluation of your case.
For other Kline & Specter litigation results, click here to see our list of Major Victories.
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.
Construction and Other Workplace Injury Cases
THE ATWOOD CASE
Employee hurt in elevator at city hotel
Jury handed down verdict against elevator maker
THE DAVIS/MOTIVA CASE
Worker dies in oil refinery explosion
Probe revealed hazards, record $36.4M settlement reached
THE DRUM CASE
Worker hurt in fall from fork-lift
A jury in Pittsburgh awarded $7.9 million
THE LEPERA CASE
Worker hurt by concrete spill
Construction injury nets worker $2 million
THE MCMANAMON CASE
Woman hurt at roadside construction job
Mother of three struck by van awarded $19.1M
THE YANKOSKY CASE
Man is crushed in crane mishap
Case settled for $4.4 million over faulty controls