Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Defective Brakes Attorney
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
Cars and trucks often contain manufacturing defects that result in necessary repairs, recalls and, in some instances, serious injuries to drivers or auto occupants.
Among these problems have been defective parking brakes. In one Pennsylvania case, a baby was run over by a Ford pickup truck after the parking brake failed and the vehicle rolled over the infant’s head. In another case, this one in Nevada, a three-year-old boy was killed when the parking brake of another Ford pickup suddenly disengaged and the vehicle rolled down a sloped driveway.
Both cases were litigated by Kline & Specter, P.C.. The first resulted in a substantial settlement (see the Bobb case), while the second, a celebrated case titled White v. Ford, went to trial and resulted in an initial verdict of $152 million against Ford Motor Co.
Shanin Specter was the lead attorney in the White case, which was tried in Reno, Nev. When punitive damages in that case were reversed on appeal, Specter returned west and tried the case for a second time, this time winning again and obtaining a $52 million punitive damages award.
If you or someone you know was seriously hurt or killed because of an accident caused by a suspected defective parking brake, you may want to contact a defective brake attorney for a free evaluation of your case.
A number of parking brake problems have cropped up over the years in a variety of cars and trucks.
A national class action was filed in 2005 against General Motors by owners of certain GM vehicles whose owners had to pay about $500 apiece to replace parking brakes, also known as emergency brakes.
A year earlier, Hyundai Motor Co. was told to recall certain minivans because of defective parking brake cables in Trajet XG models built between 1999 and January 2004.
Some parking brake problems may have never come to light, cases may have been settled and still others might only be being discovered now.
Kline & Specter, P.C., with some 30 attorneys, several of whom are also doctors, has experience and expertise in defective parking brake lawsuits. Contact a defective parking brake lawyer today.
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.