Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Electrical Injury and Power Line Attorneys
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
|Power line from Goretzka Case|
Exposure to electricity results in hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries each year in the United States. At both work and at home, some electrocution mishaps involve negligence – unsafe working conditions, insufficient safety training, manufacture or design defects in appliances, shoddy work by a repairman or subcontractor, a utility's failure to properly fix or replace a damaged power lines. (More information on power line injuries)
If you or a loved one suffered a severe electrical injury or death as a result of possible negligence, you may want to contact an electrical injury attorney for a free review of your case. Kline & Specter, P.C., one of the nation’s top law firms with more than 30 attorneys, has unique lawyer/doctor teams to investigate and evaluate potential electrical injury lawsuits.
In one recent case, the firm in December 2012 won a $109 million verdict -- the largest personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania history -- in Allegheny County court for a woman who was severely burned and died after a high-voltage power line fell on her in front of her home. No adverse weather conditions existed at the time of the mishap. (See The Goretzka Case.)
In another case, Shanin Specter in 2008 negotiated a $35 million settlement on behalf of more than 100 entities whose business were damaged or destroyed by a huge fire – believed to have started in an electrical panel box -- at the former Continental Business Center in Bridgeport, Pa. Among the defendants in the case were the center’s owner, the manufacturer of the panel box, electrical contractors and insurance company inspectors.
Electrical current exposure can result in a wide range of injuries, including skin burns as well as internal burns that can cause swelling and compression of the arteries, cutting off blood supply to the limbs. It can cause deadly abnormal heart rhythms, kidney damage and even cataracts.
In some cases, an electrical jolt can cause a bad fall, resulting in dislocations or broken bones. Nerve damage to the spinal cord can result in paralysis, numbness, chronic pain or erectile dysfunction. Electrical damage to the nerves and brain can manifest in seizures, brain hemorrhages, short-term memory loss, personality changes and difficulty sleeping.
Many of the serious injuries and deaths due to electrocution occur in the workplace, with about 250 reported annually. In addition, nearly 3,000 yearly are hurt badly enough in electrical mishaps to miss work to recuperate.
Leading causes of workplace electrocutions include contact (often with metal ladders) with overhead power lines and contact with wiring, transformers or other electrical components. Machines, tools, appliances and light fixtures also are often involved.
Kline & Specter, with some 30 experienced attorneys, several of whom are also highly regarded doctors, is one of the nation's leading law firms with the ability to litigate electrical injury claims. Contact an electric injury lawyer today.
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.