Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Kristen J. Loerch spent most of her legal career as defense counsel in medical malpractice cases, defending hundreds of doctors, nurses and hospitals. Now, armed with important knowledge and experience, she represents people who were seriously injured as the result of medical error.
“Helping those in need was much of what drew me to Kline & Specter,” says Loerch, who joined the firm in 2009. In her years of civil defense work, Loerch worked on many medical malpractice cases and was co-counsel in some 20 trials.
Immediately before joining Kline & Specter, Loerch worked at the Berwyn-based firm of Post & Post, LLP. She served previously at the Philadelphia firms of Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C. and White and Williams, LLP. Before that, from 1997-2002, she worked with three Florida law firms on a range of cases, including medical malpractice, civil rights and nursing home litigation.
Loerch’s first job after graduating from Temple University School of Law was as a prosecutor, serving as assistant state attorney in Seminole County, Florida.
While in law school, she distinguished herself as a member of the Temple Trial Team. She was recognized for excellence in trial advocacy by the Temple Law Barristers Society, the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA). She was a finalist in the 1996 ATLA National Student Trial Advocacy Competition and a winner of various regional and Philadelphia competitions.
Loerch, a native of Buffalo, N.Y., did her undergraduate work at the State University of New York College at Fredonia, where she graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in political science. She was named the school’s Outstanding Graduate for political science and overall academic achievement.
Loerch is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and Florida and is admitted to appear before the U.S. Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
In her free time, Loerch is an avid sailor, participating in one-design races held on the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean against an international field of competitors.