Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Barry G. Magen, M.D., J.D., has been involved extensively in medicine and law, first as a physician and as an attorney.
Dr. Magen, who worked as a physician at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and the former Mt. Sinai Hospital in South Philadelphia, joined Kline & Specter in 2010 after six years with law firms that worked in medical malpractice defense. The firms included Goldfein & Joseph, P.C., in Philadelphia and, more recently, Galli and Reilly, in Bala Cynwyd.
Dr. Magen has been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers — Rising Stars, a publication that uses statewide voting and a special review committee to choose the top 2.5 percent of attorneys who are 40 or younger.
He previously worked at a Philadelphia firm, Hochberg Napoli Diamond, in which he represented patients who had suffered injuries due to medical malpractice. Dr. Magen worked at the Hochberg firm for five years, from 1999 to 2004. He previously worked at Haymond & Lundy, also a Philadelphia personal injury law firm, while in law school.
He worked as a hospitalist at Mt. Sinai in 1996-97, where he handled all types of patient care, including duties in emergency room and inpatient care. He did his residency in anesthesia at Thomas Jefferson University and an internship before that at Reading Hospital and Medical Center.
Dr. Magen attended Temple University School of Law, where he was a member of the International Comparative Law Review. He also earned his medical degree from Temple and his undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University, where he majored in vertebrate physiology.