Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Jason L. Pearlman has brought a diverse set of experiences to Kline & Specter, where he practices in the areas of medical malpractice and product and premises liability.
His previous work experience included stints with a New York City law firm, the Philadelphia Office of the District Attorney, the American Civil Liberties Union, and even a Pennsylvania political campaign. (Pearlman’s candidate won.)
Pearlman recently was selected in 2013 for the second year by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers — Rising Stars, an independent rating service that names the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state who are 40 or younger.
In one major case, Pearlman was co-counsel with Shanin Specter in the Bridgeport fire litigation, which concluded in a settlement of $35 million. The settlement benefited more than 100 businesses and individuals which suffered losses in the fire that destroyed the Continental Business Center in Bridgeport, Pa. in 2001. (See Bridgeport)
Before joining Kline & Specter in 2004, Pearlman served as a law clerk with the firm of Weitz & Luxenberg in New York, where he did legal research and wrote briefs for asbestos cases and other toxic tort litigation.
In 2003, he interned in the Philadelphia district attorney’s office, where he gained experience in criminal law, including preparing cases for felony and misdemeanor proceedings brought before Philadelphia Municipal Court.
Earlier, Pearlman worked as research assistant to Nadine Strossen, national president of the ACLU, for whom he did legal research for a number of publications, debates and media appearances. He also had the opportunity while with the ACLU to attend oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court.
On the political front, Pearlman was part of a rare victory as h e helped an underdog challenger defeat an incumbent in a race for a seat in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Pearlman served as political director for Rep. Mike Gerber (D., Montgomery).
Pearlman earned his undergraduate degree in economics at Pennsylvania State University, where he was a teaching assistant and president of Beta Sigma Beta Fraternity. He graduated cum laude from New York Law School, where he was associate editor of the Law Review. Pearlman graduated from the LL.M. Program in Trial Advocacy at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law in May 2011.
Pearlman is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.