Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Andy Stern representing woman trapped in building collapse
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Prior to joining Kline & Specter, Regan S. Safier forged an impressive record as a civil defense attorney specializing in medical malpractice cases.
Representing doctors, nurses and hospitals, she tried numerous cases in state and federal courts and also argued successfully before the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
Several of her victories made front-page news in The Legal Intelligencer and helped earn Safier recognition from the independent rating service Super Lawyers as one of the top lawyers in Pennsylvania for 2013.
Among her many cases, Safier worked with Shanin Specter in a suit against the Veterans Administration that resulted in a $17.5 million verdict for a former U.S. Marine who suffered a crippling stroke after a dental procedure in which his blood pressure had dropped precipitously several times. The verdict was handed down by a federal judge in September 2011. (See Ellison)
In December 2010, Safier helped win a $5.2 million jury verdict for the family of a Philadelphia woman who developed internal bleeding following a routine procedure and died after doctors failed to treat the condition in time. (See The Sacks Case)
Safier has won a string of major settlements in personal injury cases, including $3 million for the family of a 14-year-old girl who died from toxic shock syndrome; $6 million for the family of a 16-year-old girl who died after post-operative complications from a hip replacement; $6 million for a man who suffered a post-surgical epidural hematoma that went undiagnosed and left him permanently paralyzed; and $3 million for a man who was rendered a paraplegic when a hospital failed to diagnose an epidural abscess.
After graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law, Safier began her law career as a criminal prosecutor, working two years as a Philadelphia assistant district attorney.
She later took a position with the Philadelphia office of Weber, Gallagher, Simpson, Stapleton, Fires & Newby, a legal defense firm with offices throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and London.
Safier gained extensive courtroom experience with Weber Gallagher. She handled many notable cases, including one in which she defended three OB/GYNs and won a jury verdict for the doctors. In another, she secured a summary judgment for a cardiologist and, in an appeal before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, also won a decision and dismissal of the case.
Safier earned her undergraduate degree from Lehigh University, where she graduated magna cum laude. While at Virginia Law School she was notes editor for The Journal of Law and Politics.
She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Safier is a member of the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia bar associations.