Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
W.Paulette Francois has a diverse background in both medicine and law, having worked as both an attorney representing clients in a wide range of medical malpractice cases and as a registered nurse in a variety of clinical settings from a large medical research center to public health and school nursing.
Before joining Kline and Specter in 2012, Francois was a nurse-attorney for six years with the Philadelphia law firm of Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, where she concentrated in plaintiff medical malpractice cases involving birth defects, maternal and fetal care, infectious diseases, internal medicine and cardiac, brain and spinal cord injuries.
She also worked on product liability cases, particularly pharmaceutical mass torts in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California. Francois represented plaintiffs with Eisenberg, Rothweiler and before that as a legal nurse consultant with Reed Smith, a large legal defense firm which has offices in 23 cities worldwide.
Francois has been a practicing nurse for more than twenty years and has clinical experience in medical surgical nursing, oncology and psychiatric/mental health. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings from the University of Rochester Medical Center, in-patient psychiatric units, public health nursing to local school nursing and a family medical practice.
Before earning her law degree from Widener University School of Law, Francois served as a law clerk at O'Brien & Ryan, a law firm in Plymouth Meeting, Pa., and The Beasley Firm known as the Beasley, Casey Colleran, Erbstein, Thistle & Kline. She also held a judicial clerkship with the criminal division of the Philadelphia Common Pleas Court.
Francois is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Francois earned her bachelor's degree in psychology from Washington University and her bachelor's degree in nursing from Alfred University in New York where she graduated magna cum laude and was elected to Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society.
She is also a member of the American Association for Justice, the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey bar associations, the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, American Association of Women, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and the American Association of Nurse Attorneys.