Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Robert J. Leoni is a Delaware trial lawyer who over 21 years has successfully tried cases to juries in Delaware state and federal courts. He focuses on personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death cases.
Leoni, who is of counsel at Kline & Specter, won a settlement of more than $3 million for the family of a man killed in a collision with a tractor-trailer. During his investigation of the case, Leoni uncovered evidence of illegal drug use by the truck driver.
In a medical malpractice case, Leoni represented a woman whose OB/GYN failed to treat a persistent lump in her breast which later was discovered – when she was finally referred to a surgeon – to be metastatic breast cancer. That case resulted in a settlement of $2.7 Million.
Leoni practiced insurance defense law before starting his own Wilmington-based, Shelsby & Leoni, firm with partner Gilbert F. Shelsby Jr., and representing clients in plaintiff actions. This former practice gave him unique insight on how insurance companies evaluate and defend personal injury litigation.
Leoni earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware and went on to attend Widener University School of Law. Immediately after graduation from law school, he served as a law clerk on the Delaware Superior Court.
Leoni served as an attorney for the Delaware State House of Representatives. He is currently a trustee to the Delaware Lawyers Fund for Client Protection, having been appointed by the justices of the Delaware Supreme Court.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Delaware Bar Association and the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association.