Posted: November 28, 2012

 In 2004, 12-year-old Jonathan Reynolds fell on a nail. The Tennessee boy was taken to Dyersburg Regional Medical Center but hospital personnel reportedly failed to take adequate procedures to avoid an infection and did not administer the proper antibiotics. The result was catastrophic. Jonathan contracted a flesh-eating bacterium that required numerous skin grafts and he developed severe brain injuries after slipping into a coma, according to an Associated Press report. A jury in Dyer County considered the case over the course of a 15-day trial and handed down a $7.8 million verdict in the case. Get more information on medical malpractice or find a medical malpractice lawyer.