What is Cervical Cancer?
Cervical cancer is one of the most common cancers in women around the world. Cervical cancer occurs when abnormal cells develop in the cervix, the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina. Most cervical cancer is caused by the human papillomavirus, or HPV, a virus that is transmitted through sexual contact.
In the United States, serious harm from cervical cancer is uncommon, because it is often discovered in the early stages via a simple Pap test, and then treated before it advances.
However, mistakes can be made. Health care providers can neglect to recommend the relatively routine test, misread test results, or sometimes fail to diagnose and treat a patient with an abnormal Pap test result
What are the Symptoms of Cervical Cancer?
Symptoms of cervical cancer may include:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, such as post-menopausal bleeding or bleeding after sex or between menstrual periods
- Lower stomach or pelvis pain
- Pain during sex
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- "Everyone at Kline & Specter was awesome, especially Kimberly Comey & David Inscho. They kept me in the loop at all times & answered every question I had. Very professional & very friendly, they treated me like family & I will be forever grateful...I highly recommend them." - A.D.
- "Having never been involved in any type of legal proceedings, I did not know what to expect when my physician recommended that I contact an attorney regarding my health issue. I can honestly say that the process was made much easier with the staff at Kline & Specter. Huge debt of gratitude to Atty Chris Gomez, Michelle and Stephanie. They were very patient and guided me every step of the way. Thank you so much." - C.A.
- "Kline & Specter have done a tremendous job- David Inscho and Kimberly Comey are a true and tried champion team! They helped me with my case with their thorough, professional work, detailed explanations and gentle and kind actions and words... I most highly recommend them!" - R.G.
Contact Us – We Make Cases that Others Miss
If you or a loved one suffered severe injury or death due to a medical error involving a diagnosis of cervical cancer, you should contact the cervical cancer attorneys at Kline & Specter or call directly at 800-243-1100. The firm has more than 50 attorneys, five of whom are also highly skilled doctors, including two OB/GYNs. In fact, the firm recently settled two cases – for $1.5 million and $3.25 million – involving cervical cancer. In one case, a Pap smear was misread, while in the other a doctor failed to order the proper test to rule out cervical cancer after a Pap test indicated the possible presence of the disease.
One patient died while the other was able to receive treatment, but late and after the cancer had spread. Both cases had been rejected by other law firms before the patients came to Kline & Specter. A doctor/lawyer at the law firm, after reviewing medical records of the patients, decided that both cases had merit and should be further litigated.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Call us today to speak with a medical malpractice lawyer who can represent you in your delayed diagnosis of cervical cancer claim.