Hundreds of people die each year in the United States in airplane crashes and thousands perish worldwide.
A study of nearly 2,000 major airline crashes over more than five decades found that 60 percent were caused by pilot or other human errors, such as improper loading or maintenance. Another 21 percent were attributable to mechanical failure. (Weather was blamed for most of the remaining accidents.)
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an airplane accident, please call 800-243-1100 to speak with an aviation accident attorney. Kline & Specter, PC, has several airplane accident lawyers who possess not only expertise in a courtroom but also hold pilots licenses and are experienced pilots themselves.
Andy Stern, for one, is a licensed pilot and experienced litigator of aviation crashes who in April 2019 filed suit in Chicago federal court against the Boeing Corporation on behalf of a 28-year-old doctor who was killed in the March 10 crash of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 in which all 157 people aboard perished. The lawsuit claims that Boeing's 737 Max 8 has a defectively designed flight control system that, without pilot command, “automatically and erroneously forces the aircraft into a dangerous and uncontrollable nose down attitude dive.” (Read article)
In another highly publicized case, Stern represented the estates of two pilots killed in the April 1991 mid-air crash that resulted in the deaths of U.S. Sen. John Heinz and several others. Stern won a substantial monetary settlement in the case against the Sun Company, whose helicopter crew was blamed for the mishap.
Whether an airplane accident involves a major commercial carrier or a smaller private plane or jet, such mishaps are no less open to civil litigation than an accident involving a car or truck. Airplane lawsuits are often filed by people hurt in accidents or by the families of those who died.
Kline & Specter, PC, based in Philadelphia and with offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, has more than 40 attorneys, five of whom are also doctors. The law firm is experienced in aviation accident litigation and has received exceptional results in a litany of cases.
Call us at 800-243-1100 to speak with an experienced airplane accident lawyer.
- Lawsuit filed against Boeing in Ethiopian Flight 302 crash, The Legal Intelligencer, 4/18,2019
- Andy Stern interviewed about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Fox 29 3/25/14
- TV Interview on U.S. Airways runway accident, Fox 29 3/14/14
- Andy Stern comments on Malaysia Airlines plane crash, Good Day Philadelphia 3/10/14
- Control tower problems "unacceptable," says Andy Stern, Fox 29 4/14/11
- Andy Stern interviewed on airplane runway mishaps, Fox 29 4/12/11
- Andy Stern on SW Airlines mishap, Fox 29 4/5/11
- Why were F-16s so close to commercial flight? Andy Stern comments to Fox 29 4/9/10
- Andy Stern interviewed on airplane near collision, Fox 29 3/31/10o
- Andy Stern comments on kids in airplane control towers, Fox 29 3/3/10
- Andy Stern comments on unsafe planes, Fox 29 2/2/10
- Andy Stern on the Buffalo crash pilot recordings, Good Day Philadelphia 5/13/09
- Andy Stern interviewed about Buffalo plane crash, Fox 29 5/12/09
- Andy Stern comments on Buffalo plane crash probe, Good Day Philadelphia 2/16/09
- Andy Stern interviewed on fatal Buffalo plane crash, Fox 29 2/13/09
- Andy Stern analyzes pilot action in NYC jet crash, Good Day Philadelphia 2/6/09
- Andy Stern interviewed on Hudson River plane crash, Fox 29 2/5/09
- Andy Stern comments on Hudson River Plane crash, Fox 29 1/16/09
- Andy Stern interviewed on NYC plane mishap, Fox 29 1/15/09