You or a close family member has been seriously injured in an accident or incident that was not your fault. Should you pursue a personal injury lawsuit?
Personal injury law exists expressly so that innocent people just like you can achieve justice after being harmed or wronged by others.
No one should ever have to suffer because of another person's negligence. The best and surest way to fight such damage to your person, property, reputation or legal rights is to seek out an experienced personal injury attorney like those on our team at Kline & Specter, PC, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
When you're ready for a free personal injury lawsuit consultation with one of our attorneys, please call our law firm directly by dialing (800) 243-1100. Our skilled legal team includes more than 50 attorneys, five of whom also are respected physicians. We represent clients in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and nationwide.
Read what our patients are saying!
Your Personal Injury Case
Personal injury law encompasses various types of cases including:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Dangerous workplaces
- Unsafe premises
- Civil rights violations
- Pharmaceutical litigation
Regardless of how you or your loved one may have been injured, our attorneys can help. At Kline & Specter, our personal injury lawyers have successfully represented victims of serious injuries as well as families of those who have died as a result of incidents that were not their fault.
Worried about legal fees? Don't be. In addition to offering free personal injury case evaluations, our lawyers work on a contingent fee basis. That means we only get paid if and when you receive financial compensation for your injury.
How to Prepare for Your Personal Injury Attorney Consultation
Securing appropriate medical attention should be your top priority after being injured in accident or incident that was not your fault. We firmly believe that your good health is of utmost importance.
Beyond that, there are several steps you can take that will help a lawyer establish the validity of your personal injury claim or any potential lawsuit.
- Collect evidence. Any paperwork or photography that supports your version of the events leading up to your accident or injury will be helpful to your legal team.
- Chronicle as much anecdotal evidence as you can by writing down everything you experienced in the moments before and after the accident. Include the times that you recall things happening, such as the time that an ambulance may have arrived along with supporting documentation such as hospital records or a police report.
- Assemble your witness list. Your list of people whose testimony can support your personal injury lawsuit should include their names (spelled accurately) along with their verified contact information. This list might also include any other people who were involved in your accident or incident.
- Don’t speak with a representative of the potential defendant or their insurance company. State that your intention is to secure a personal injury attorney and, if necessary, pursue a lawsuit to safeguard your rights and interests. Tell them that they can speak with your attorney.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Among the first questions a personal injury lawyer will ask after you've been injured or involved in an accident are:
- How were you injured?
- How badly were you injured?
- If you needed medical attention, how extensive was that care?
- Have you been unable to work or perform other activities of daily living due to your injuries?
Once an attorney has determined the extent and severity of your injuries, our attention will shift to who may have been at fault for the harm you sustained.
An experienced personal injury attorney such as those at our Philadelphia law office can provide valuable advice when it comes to the insurance claims process.
Personal Injury Lawsuit Success
Our personal injury attorneys are masters of litigation on behalf of victims who sustained catastrophic harm or loss of life through no fault of their own.
The proof: Kline & Specter has amassed numerous major lawsuit victories as the result of personal injury cases both unpublicized and prominent. Our lawyers have accumulated more multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements than any other personal injury law firm in Pennsylvania.
Kline & Specter attorneys are widely acknowledged as being among the best at what we do.
- For a record 14 straight years, the independent law firm rating service Super Lawyers has given founding partner Tom Kline the honor of being named No. 1 Attorney in Pennsylvania.
- Founding partner Shanin Specter also has received Super Lawyers Top 10 honors over the last 12 consecutive years.
- Both Kline and Specter have been named among the Best Lawyers in America and are members of the exclusive Inner Circle of Advocates, an organization made up of the top 100 litigators nationwide.
Here is a selection of our law firm's personal injury verdicts and settlements.
- Product Liability Verdict: $153 million and $52 million — Our team won these verdicts against the Ford Motor Co. in a defective parking brake case tried twice in Reno, Nevada. (White)
- Utility Liability Verdict: $109 million — This jury verdict was followed by a $105 million settlement in the case of a death that resulted from a fallen power line in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. (Goretzka)
- Personal/Premises Liability Recovery: $95.6 million -- Arbitration award following a verdict for the victim of a building collapse, the largest-ever personal injury recovery for a single person. (Plekan)
- Medical Malpractice Verdict: $49.6 million — This jury sided with our client, a young man who suffered brain damage due to medical error in Philadelphia. (Caruso)
- Workplace Injury Settlement: $36.4 million — Our lawyers won this amount after the death of a worker at a Delaware oil refinery. (Davis/Motiva)
- Major Child Abuse Settlement — Kline & Specter won the first confidential, multi-million dollar settlement in the Jerry Sandusky child abuse scandal at Pennsylvania State University.
See more of our Major Victories.
Call Kline & Specter Today For Your Personal Injury Case!
When you need help after a serious injury or the death of a loved one due to another person’s negligence, please contact the personal injury attorneys at Kline & Specter online or call us directly at 800-243-1100 to schedule a free case consultation. Our lawyers represent personal injury clients in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and nationwide.