Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA Super Lawyer record 10th straight year
- 14 at Kline & Specter named Super Lawyers, Specter in Top 10 again
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
School Bus Accident Attorneys
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
There are 585,000 school buses transporting children in the United States, logging millions of miles each day. Accidents are inevitable, resulting in 17,000 emergency-room visits and an average 20 deaths annually.
USA Today, in a 2005 article, noted that the buses are top-heavy and prone to rolling over. Only a handful of states require that new school buses have seat belts (and many older ones do not) and fewer still require that students wear them.
"School buses are old-fashioned, outdated and don't give children the benefit of current safety techniques," Alan Ross, president of the National Coalition for School Bus Safety, told the newspaper.
If your child suffered a serious injury or death in a school bus accident, you may have a legal claim. Click here to contact a school bus attorney.
The latest data on school bus accidents, contained in a study by researchers at Columbus (Ohio) Children's Hospital Center for Injury Research and Policy, showed that school bus-related accidents send 17,000 riders to emergency rooms each year. The study was reported in November 2006.
Many of the injuries were suffered by students riding in buses during crashes, but many others occurred when children were boarding or leaving school buses. Of the 20 fatalities occurring typically each year, five are suffered by students riding buses and 15 are struck while outside a school bus.
In one such incident, Ashley Zauflik, a 17-year-old student at Pennsbury High School in Pennsylvania, was run over when a school bus ran out of control. Doctors had to amputate her left leg above the knee after an infection threatened her life. She suffered other injuries that required kidney support and she was placed in a medically induced coma for treatment.
Tom Kline, along with Doylestown attorney William L. Goldman Jr., was retained to represent Ashley Zauflik. A trial concluded in December 2011 with a $14 million verdict. (See television and newspaper accounts.)
Kline & Specter is based in Philadelphia and has some 30 attorneys, several of whom are also highly skilled doctors. The law firm has had success litigating personal injury claims in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and nationwide. For a free evaluation of your case, contact a school bus lawyer.
For other automobile accidents, including those involving cars, trucks, buses or 15-passenger vans or accidents involving rollovers, roof crushes, faulty seat belts, defective brakes or airbags, visit our Auto Accident page.
Kline & Specter handles cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and Nationwide, working with local attorneys in states outside PA, NJ and NY.
In Pennsylvania, Kline & Specter handles cases in and around: Allentown, Altoona, Bethlehem, Chester, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Johnstown, Lancaster, Levittown, McCandless, McKeesport, Monroeville, Norristown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Radnor, Reading, Scranton, State College, West Chester, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport and York.
In New Jersey, the firm handles cases in and around: Atlantic City, Bayonne, Brick Township, Camden, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Edison, Elizabeth, Fort Lee, Jersey City, Lakewood, Millville, Newark, New Brunswick, Paterson, Pennsauken, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Vineland, Voorhees and Willingboro.