Largest Verdict in a Personal Injury case
in Pennsylvania history
Largest-ever compensatory verdict
Then-second largest Product
Liability verdict in U.S. history
Auto Accident Verdict
Largest single-victim fatality settlement
Civil Rights verdict
- Watch Here For Kline & Specter News Alerts
- On TV ⇒ Kline & Specter files suit in unnecessary stent procedure case
- Suit filed in Seton Hill University bus crash
- Firm wins record $105 million settlement in power line death case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on possible PSU victim settlements
- Tom Kline argues before appellate panel vs. cap on jury awards
- Specter, Baldwin, Guerrini $109 million verdict among U.S.Top 10
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline comments on kidnap case
- Tom Kline named 2013 Best Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Seven at Kline & Specter named "Best Lawyers in America"
- Specter sues city over captivity and torture of 10-year-old girl
- High Court refuses case, $8.75M verdict vs. Ford stands
- Kline & Specter files suit on behalf of Eagles' Jason Peters
- Eleven at Kline & Specter selected as "Super Lawyers"
- Tom Kline named No. 1 PA lawyer 9th straight year
- Kline & Specter Courtroom dedicated at Penn Law School
- Waldenberger wins $3M verdict in cancer case
- On TV ⇒The Kline & Specter Squash Center opens at Drexel University
- Kline, Caputo win $14M verdict in Pennsbury school bus accident case
- On TV ⇒ Tom Kline interviewed on Penn State case by CNN, MSNBC ...
- Kline & Specter named No. 1 Product Liability Firm in the United States
- Specter, Safier, Williams win $17.5M med-mal verdict
- On TV ⇒ Shanin Specter comments on the Ellison case, CBS3
- Guerrini wins $15M verdict in teen's death
- Specter featured on Super Lawyers magazine cover
- Tom Kline again No. 1 in PA, firm has nine named Super Lawyers
- PA Superior Court panel upholds $8.75M Blumer verdict
- Kline & Specter wins largest-ever Erie personal injury verdict, $21.6M
- Michael Smerconish joins Kline & Specter
- On TV ⇒ Kline, Inscho, Baldwin obtain $1.8M in psychologist sex case
- Kline & Specter named among Best Law Firms in U.S.
- Trunk, Zakeosian win $11.7 million against PHA and property manager
- Kline, Specter named among nation's 500 "Leading Lawyers"
- On TV ⇒ ESPN features the Plevretes case, Shanin Specter
- Best Lawyers names Tom Kline No. 1 Phila. personal injury attorney
- See more Kline & Specter stories in the news
Bicycle Injury Lawsuits
Pennsylvania - New Jersey - Delaware - New York - Nationwide
More than 600 people die and roughly 50,000 are reported injured in bicycle accidents each year in the United States.
In many cases motor vehicle drivers are at fault, with the most common causes including cars or trucks turning in front of bicycle riders in mid-block or at intersections or when drivers fail to see bikers in their lane and “ride up their back.” In some cases, alcohol is to blame.
If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury or death in a bicycle accident, you might want to contact a bicycle accident attorney for a free evaluation of your case.
The most common victims in bicycle accidents are children, with roughly 60 percent of all bike-related injuries seen in hospital emergency rooms involving those 15 and younger.
But many fatalities involve older riders who are more likely to take to major roads. The average age of those killed in bike accidents was 41, while the average age of those injured was 31. Fatalities also claimed mostly male riders and occurred most often in urban areas.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which compiles bicycle accident statistics, recorded 630 deaths and 51,000 injuries in 2009, the last year for which data was released. But it said research indicates that only a small fraction of all accidents are reported to authorities, perhaps as little as 10 percent.
Kline & Specter, P.C., a Philadelphia-based law firm with some 30 attorneys, several of whom are also doctors, is exceptionally qualified to investigate and litigate bicycle accidents involving severe injuries or death. The firm works on a contingent fee basis, which means we only get paid if and when you are financially compensated.